Let’s talk salt baths! Sometimes I get so drained and imbalanced from time to time, I suck up a lot of the energy from people around me and sometimes that can get really draining. Also a note to self here is : it can also help to clear you circle of friends and let go of those who just feeds of your energy and you always find yourself showing support but you don’t get any back. You don’t need those. Those are not for you.
How ever , salt baths have been said to have amazing clearing effect in your energy fields /aura and it’s really worth doing one once a month when you feel a bit drained, out of yourself, not in alignment, or just when you need some grounding and alone time. Make sure you have one hour or so to yourself and you won’t be disturbed. Also note : you can add some essential oils in your bath for a more relaxed experience .
Set The intention to let go of anything that doesn’t serve you, it could be that you need release from people and their energy or all in all just to hit a reset button in general, whatever it is. Set the intention in your mind first with why you are taking this bath, how do you wanna feel after ? light a white candle and relax. It can also help to write down everything you are letting go of on a piece of paper and burn it from the light from the candle after. (I know sounds silly but just try it for your own mental satisfaction to set some negative vibrations free)
When you are done with your bath, just visualize that all the negativity and bad energy is stuck in the water and it goes back to Mother Earth through the drain and it’s out of your life.
You can enjoy a good nights rest and sleep after this and you can safely do this once a month.
They say that natural sea salt is the best.
I use a combination of a few or if I don’t have any fancy bath salts the real deal of sea salts are just as good.
I have borrowed some steps to a ritual salt bath here below so you can see the steps and try for yourself. Enjoy and Namaste!
1. Make sure you won’t be disturbed for at least an hour. Optional: light candles or incense or play relaxing music. Utilize what makes your aura lighter.
2. Fill your bath with warm water. The level is up to you. Don’t make it too hot.
3. Add 2-3 good handfuls of salt. Use a good quality unprocessed salt, such as unrefined sea salt or Himalayan crystal salt. Do not use regular table salt, as this has added anti-caking agents and has been refined, which removes beneficial minerals.
4. Optional: add a few drops of pure essential oils for aromatherapy purposes. Lavender is a good choice, as it will also help you to relax and unwind, and is generally very safe.
5. Soak for about 20-30 minutes. While you do so, make it your intention to let go of all negativity. You can pray for the release of any energy that you no longer wish to carry, or that is not for your highest good. You can also ask for spiritual support to raise your spiritual vibration.
6. For the best results, air dry when you get out of the bath. You may use a towel for your head and put a robe on, but do not towel dry. If possible, don’t take another shower or bath for 24 hours.
7. Take a salt water bath no more than once a week. As noted, once a month may be the perfect amount of time in between.